Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Assignment: Angles

Since I didn't do that last couple assignments I thought I would just start with this one. Photography is a lot harder than it looks! I know I have a long ways to go, but I am going to give it my best shot. Dan really inspired me the other night. He told me so many interesting things about photography that my appreciation for it has really grown. He thought he talked too much, but I could have listened a lot longer (Dan, you should teach me some more stuff sometime). One thing he told me was to photograph things you love, so this picture is of one of my loves in life-old books. Now that I know more about my camera I am hoping my pictures will get better and better.

4 comments:

Alea

Very nice! I love the angle and the lighting! That's awesome Dan is helping us both with photography- he's so nice to do that! I love old books too. Where did you get those?

Kakes

Yay for old books!
One of the most fascinating things to me about photography is the photographer. The slightest shift in the angle, point of view, lighting preference, even one tiny number change in a camera setting and the entire feel of the picture changes. It at once confirms my satisfaction with my own point of view and expands the mind to other possibilities.

Unknown

Well done!!! I wish I knew what the other books were called...or maybe the Illiad is the most important one! Keep up the good work.

lone_mom

Renae, this is awesome! I found you on facebook and now your blog! When i get up the guts i'm going to call you. (i dont' know why, but i have a bit of phone anxiety...blah) Keep taking pictures, these are awesome! Katie