Sunday, January 25, 2009

Fedor vs. Arvloski

So, I don't know how I got interested in mixed martial arts. Well, actually I do. It is probably because Connor is obsessed with it. It is really not the type of thing I would normally like, but I am inspired by Fedor Emelianko. He is a Russian fighter. He is undefeated 29-0. He is a multimillionaire who lives in the same little town he grew up in. He is so humble and such a good person. Part of his daily training is playing chess and reading. He is smart. He finds his opponents weaknesses and gets them everytime. Last night he fought Arvloski and knocked him out in about 3 minutes. He is not really well known in the US, but I'm sure he will be pretty soon. They say he will go down in history as the greatest mixed martial artist who ever lived!

2 comments:

Kakes

I loved how he won that fight so calmly and amidst all the cocky punks trying to get pictures and interviews, he just thanked God. It's impossible not to admire the man.

Alea

He sounds like a really interesting guy- very skilled and yet humble. I'll have to check out the documentary-